You can now book and create trips for free with D6 Connect until May 31, 2022 – so get your school involved.
If you find it difficult to bring your child to the various extracurricular activities he organizes, you should turn to the carpooling platform d6. It works within your school community, so you’ll do what you usually do – ask another parent to ride you home or offer one – but reach a wider (inner) circle. Plus, the app offers live tracking on your phone, so you always know where your child is. Rides generally cost one parent per ride, but until May 31, lifts are FREE if your school uses d6 Connect. It is a community driven service and is 100% based on the parents of the school.
Use the carpooling platform
1. Access your school’s d6 Connect mobile app.
2. Click on “More” (the three dots in the bottom menu bar).
3. Select ‘Runs’ under ‘Other Services’.
4. Choose one of the following options:
- “Create a route” to propose a route
- “Book a Trip” to arrange sharing of an existing trip or
- “Request a trip” to ask other parents if they have space in their car for your child.
For more information or to start using the app at your school, email [email protected] or go to d6 Rooks.
We live in a world where fact and fiction collide
In times of uncertainty, you need trusted journalism. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analysis, investigative journalism, better opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.