John Mayer has had to postpone four dates of his Sob Rock tour after testing positive for COVID-19 for the second time.
“Small. More band members tested positive for Covid today, and I was one of them,” the 44-year-old singer said. wrote on Instagram Thusday. “This means we have to reschedule the next four shows, which we have already rescheduled and released above.”
Mayer apologized for inconveniencing his fans but promised to make up for it with a great show.
“I’m so sorry to make you change your plans,” he wrote. “It’s a disappointment for everyone in the group and team, not to mention the question hanging over everyone’s head – mine included – about how I tested positive for PCR. twice in two months. (The first one was extremely sweet, but this one got the better of me.)”
He added, “We will give you everything we have at these upcoming shows, as soon as we rest and regroup. With love and appreciation…me.
Performances by the “Gravity” artist at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Belmont Park, UBS Arena in New York and TD Garden in Boston have all been pushed back to early May.
Mayer came down with the novel coronavirus just days after his drummer tested positive, leading to the ‘iconic’ moment Questlove filled for the last hour of his concert Monday at Madison Square Garden.
“Questlove saved the show. The whole MSG was on their feet. A total energy shift,” one viewer told Page Six at the time, with another participant adding, “It was iconic.
Mayer himself thanked the Roots drummer, 51, in a post on instagramwriting, “My boundless appreciation goes to the legendary @questlove, who stepped in with an hour’s notice to help end the show on such a powerful and definitive note.”
He added: “Tonight’s show was special in a way that I always treat. We send our love to @steve_ferrone and @made4good in the hope that they get through Covid and get back on stage quickly.
Mayer previously battled COVID-19 in early January, forcing her to miss a Dead & Company show in Mexico.