PC drives from Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master might be scratching their heads right now, no thanks to the connection issue they’re having when launching the game through the Xbox PC app. Bandai Namco is actually already aware of the connection issue on the PC version of Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master. However, at the time of writing, no hotfixes or patches have been released yet. Fortunately, Mess, the developer of the roguelike card game ring of paincreated a DIY patch and shared it on social networks.
We are aware of the PC connection issues for TAIKO NO TATSUJIN: THE DRUM MASTER.
We are currently researching a fix and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks for understanding.
— BANDAI NAMCO EUROPE (@BandaiNamcoEU) January 27, 2022
According to Mess, the connection issue revolves around the game trying to connect players “silently” once they enter the title screen, but it turns out that the Windows Game Developer Kit backend needs to prompt players to login for the first time. before accessing the title screen of the game. The Mess DIY patch works by forcing the login prompt to appear before loading the title screen. Here’s how to apply the patch for your game.
How to Fix Connection Issue in Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master on Xbox PC App
- Enable mods for Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master from the Xbox app. We have to do this because we are going to add files to the game folder.
- Download BepInEx from GitHub, a tool/mod to patch Unity games. Currently the latest version is 5.4.18, so get the BepInEx_x64_22.214.171.124.zip (if you are using 64-bit Windows).
- Download the patch created by Mess fans on GitHub, com.fluto.taikomods.dll.
- Go to the Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master installation directory.
- By default, it is located under “C:Program FilesModifiableWindowsAppsTaiko no Tatsujin” but the directory will be different if you changed the installation location.
- Click the Open Mods Folder button after activating the mods to also open the installation folder.
- Extract the files from BepInEx_x64.zip and move them all to the installation folder.
- Then run Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master from the Xbox app once, then close it.
- Go to Taiko no “TatsujinBepInExplugins”, and a new file should be generated in the folder.
- However, don’t worry if the plugins folder is still empty. Just keep following the steps.
- Move com.fluto.taikomods.dll into this “plugin” folder.
- Replace if another com.fluto.taikomods.dll file already exists.
- You should now be able to log in and finally enter the game.
While Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master is the first game in the series released exclusively on Xbox and PC consoles, it was not the first game released outside of Japan. The popular arcade rhythm game series enters the living room of Western gamers for the first time through the PS2 title, Taiko: drum masterreleased on October 26, 2004. Pop Tap Beat Drums was also made available on Apple Arcade last year. Have you played Taiko games before? Share your stories in the comments.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute Review – Rhythm of the Roguelike
Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum Master is now available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC via Windows Store and GamePass.