DENVER, Sept. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — We dream, the world’s first smartphone-based augmented reality social metaverse platform, today announced that the WeDream app is now available for download, bringing the metaverse to millions of consumers and a whole new way to connect with people. friends, creators and colleagues for entertainment, business and Commerce. The app is available on both the App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices, and the launch comes ahead of WeDream’s three-day immersive event, Dream Partyscheduled from September 29 to October 1. The first users of the application should use the invite code 092922 when creating their WeDream account to gain early access to the application.
“The future of the Metaverse begins today as millions of consumers easily access an augmented reality experience so far limited to tech insiders and early adopters,” said Peter Calfee, President of WeDream. “With the launch of the WeDream app, the metaverse is no longer an out-of-reach mystery for the average consumer, but a tangible option to explore, discover, and connect. Bringing those people in and essentially democratizing access to the metaverse is one of our main goals.
WeDream’s mission is to merge the physical and virtual worlds to enable more people to create and engage with each other in augmented reality. The WeDream app powers this new social media experience, providing access to the metaverse through the convenient and familiar interface of a smartphone. When engaging in “Dreams,” including social hangouts, games, business collaboration, immersive performances, and beyond, WeDream gives those who use the app (or “Dreamers”) a set of innovative tools and infrastructures to use augmented reality as they see fit. The inaugural version of the WeDream app includes the following features:
- Dream creation tools: Allows anyone on the platform to create a dream and create an environment to host friends and/or their community using unique augmented reality elements. These environmental objects include; lighting, trees, rocks, crystals, game components, basketball hoop, shooting targets, interactive objects (balloons that can be “popped”, breakable crystal).
- Audio broadcast: Up to 15 people in a Dream can use a “sound of God” effect allowing those people to be the main voices heard in the Dream. The host can select who broadcasts with them on the Dream Stage and an explosion notification will identify the speakers. Speaker avatars will be equipped with a microphone to identify them as broadcasters in the Dream.
- Audio broadcast: Live sets and pre-recorded audio can be streamed into a Dream using a main portal that allows the uploader to select a specific Dream to input MP3 or stream live sets.
- Image containers: The ability to upload any augmented reality image that can be used to display branding, messaging, NFTs, or other artwork.
- 3D text: WeDream offers a unique font, customizable 3D text whose size can be adjusted, allowing creators to amplify their brand and message in augmented reality.
- Sofa mode: A setting in which a person can experience a dream via virtual reality.
Dreamers on the platform first start by customizing their avatar, then they can create a new “dream” or enter an existing one on the platform. This is similar to the “worlds” or “servers” commonly known in many online games today. Once they enter a dream, they are linked with other dreamers in the same virtual space, where they can connect and interact with people across town and around the world in free experiences, paid or by subscription. WeDream artists and creators can customize their environment to create unique spaces and develop new objects and interactions that they can then sell to other Dreamers. Creations on the WeDream app are developed as NFTs, providing a chain of custody, offering creators a verified marketplace to get paid for their creations.
“We believe the WeDream marketplace for digital goods and services will be a huge attraction for so many creatives. It really puts the power of this new unlimited economy into the hands of the masses,” Calfee said. “WeDream provides the infrastructure. creators can create and sell unique gadgets, environments and interactions in the form of NFTs. It will be an amazing experience to start sharing all the capabilities of WeDream with people at the upcoming Dream Festival.
Scheduled to run from September 29 to October 1, WeDream’s Dream Festival will bring together thousands of people for three days in augmented reality to experience immersive live musical performances, attend groundbreaking panels, view interactive art galleries and play games. augmented reality games, while integrating into a global community. Featured artists during the Dream Festival will include:
- BoomBox feat. BackBeat Brass – Electronic rock duo BoomBox, consisting of brothers Zion Rock Godchaux and Kinsman MacKay, bring heavy organic grooves and soulful beats that permeate through the dance floor and into every facet of the human experience. BoomBox shows feature a mix of drum machines and live-mixed computer beats laid down by MacKay, which set the foundation for Godchaux’s electric guitar riffs and soulful vocals.
- ETHNO with Jeff Franca of Thievery Corp. – ETHNO is the electronic music project of multidisciplinary producer Jeff Franca, who is best known as the drummer of the electronica Thievery Corporation’s World Orchestra. With ETHNO, Franca incorporates a wide range of inspirations from around the world, from Africa to Asia, South America and the Caribbean. These influences are textured with a kaleidoscopic amalgamation of synthesis, spatial recordings and strangled bass.
Additionally, the festival will feature events coordinated with WeDream partners including Party Animals, The Whitelist, TRAITWorks, Born To Be Me, Metanoise, FutureShape360, Trippin’ Apes Tribe, Nexus Voyager, The Stoics and more. To celebrate the launch of the app, exclusive in-app props will be released each day of Dream Festival to help enhance the experience and generate excitement. Tickets for the Dream Festival are available here. The WeDream app is currently available on the App Store for iOS devices and on Google Play for Android devices; Use the invite code 092922 when creating a WeDream account for early access to the application.
The global metaverse market is expected to reach nearly $1 trillion by 2030, according to a report from Prophecy Market Insights. Additionally, industry prognosticators predict that by the same year, a large percentage of people will be in the metaverse in some way, whether for work, play or a combination of both.
WeDream is a smartphone-based augmented reality social metaverse platform that is changing the way artists, creators, gamers, and consumers interact with each other through social experiences. With the touch of a screen, users can join virtual rooms, or “Dreams,” where they can experience content and live events, interact with friends, and express themselves through virtual avatars. The WeDream platform was designed to bridge the gap between the real world and the virtual world while providing creators with a place to build and monetize their creations through unique experiences or NFTs. To learn more about WeDream and the future of social connections, please visit wedream.world. Continue the conversation on Twitter.
Contact: Jim Disset
The 9th block